Frequently Asked Questions
Questions for advance enquiries or to have a clear understanding on what to do and prepare when death occurs
Our hotline is open 24/7 all year round. Do drop us a call for urgent assistance or enquiries
Our office and memorial halls are located in the heart of Singapore
What do I do when a loved one passes?
The first step is to stay calm and call us at 64559909 immediately. Our customer care representatives will advise you on the next steps to take and arrange for a funeral advisor to head down to your location promptly. We recommend engaging a funeral home as soon as possible as we will be able to guide you through the process to take and answer any questions that you may have. The family should then obtain the Certificate of Cause of Death from the doctor, and proceed to register the death. To understand more, you may visit https://casketfairprice.com/what-to-do-when-a-death-occurs/.
What decisions do I have to make for the funeral arrangements?
A couple of decisions for the funeral will need to be made by the family. However, with the guidance of our funeral advisors, you can be assured that they will be able to advise you and help you through the process. Below is a list of some points to consider that can help you better prepare for the arrangements:
- Religion for the funeral
- Location and number of days for the wake
- Which burial grounds or crematorium to use (*this information will be needed when registering the death)
- The clothing to be worn for your departed loved one’s final journey
- Photo to be enlarged
Should I hold the wake at a memorial hall or at our HDB void deck?
There are a few factors to consider when deciding whether to hold the wake at a memorial hall or void deck. One of which would be you and your family’s personal preference. Below are also a few factors you can take into consideration when making the decision:
Pros of Memorial Hall:
- The keys for the memorial hall will be handed over to the family for the duration of the wake. Family members have the choice to lock up the unit and head home to rest for the night insteading of keeping guard at the wake overnight
- Our memorial halls are located in Central Singapore, and might thus be more convenient for family and friends who are visiting the wake
- Preferred option for those staying at condominiums as some places do not allow funeral wakes to be held.
- Some families staying in private houses may prefer the option of a memorial hall as they do not wish to set up a tentage in their homes or to protect the privacy of their house.
Pros of Void Deck:
- Relatively cheaper than renting a memorial hall.
- Convenient for family members who live nearby or at the HDB block.
- Easier for neighbours or friends of the departed loved one to visit.
How much does a funeral typically cost in Singapore?
The cost of a funeral service in Singapore largely depends on the type of funeral chosen (Buddhist, Christian, non-religious etc) as well as the complexity of the funeral. At Casket Fairprice, we value transparent pricing and giving our customers the flexibility to review our prices online before engaging our services. Our average cost for a 3 day funeral service with all the basic essentials amounts to about S$4,000 to $6,000. This is considering that the service is not inclusive of other services offered, such as food catering or memorial videos and photographs.